Request For Proposals
Public Service Annoucment
Adult Children of Alcolholics ©/Dysfunctional Families, Inc.
Background & Objective
Adult Children of Alcoholics is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for Charitable purposes. The specific purpose for which this corporation is organized is to serve the Fellowship of Adult Children of Alcoholics. It is in effect an agency created and now designated by that Fellowship to maintain services for those seeking, through Adult Children of Alcoholics, the means for arresting the emotional disease of family alcoholism. This is done by sharing information and experiences with one another and by applying to their own lives, in whole or in part, the Twelve Steps which constitute the recovery program upon which Alcoholics Anonymous is founded.
Develop & produce one, 1-2 minute Graphic-Based Public Service Announcements (PSA) editable to a 30 second spot.
Scope of Work
Contractor is expected to shoot, edit, and finalize, in an appropriate format for television, internet and radio one video/audio PSA.
PSA should appeal to a broad cross-section.
Adults are the primary audience, and younger viewers are a secondary audience. PSA should be designed to:
1. Increase awareness of ACA’s focus
2. Attend an ACA group in their local community
3. Go to the ACA website for more information.
Films will be shot in English.Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Russian, Chinese, etc. voice-over may be used for a future editions of the same project to deepen connectivity in the non-English speaking community. Voiceover translations will be provided.
Contractor/s may be hired to film the PSA and may submit a proposal:
1. PSA will focus on the effects on the children of familial alcohol, drugs, abuse and neglect.
2. PSA will focus on Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.
3. PSA will focus on benefits of attending ACA groups for support.
$2,000 - 2,500
Please provide cost of services. Include labor, supplies cost, etc.
Proposals must be received by: November 13, 2016
Winning contract(s) will be contacted by: December 13, 2016
Go-Live date: January 30, 2017
1. Name + contact information of filmmaker with resume and/or bio.
Include name, contact information of any key crew, if any, with resume and/or bio.
2. 3-5 professional references.
3. Detailed budget breakdown for PSA.
4. Detailed draft schedule for PSA
5. Brief description of concept content (500 words or less) for PSA the filmmaker; as little as one sentence but no more than a page.
6. Optional: casting commitments can be included if available, not required.
7. 1-3 media samples or a reel; total content should not exceed twenty minutes.
Electronic submittal of proposal is preferred; youtube or vimeo are acceptable; files can be sent directly by email if size permits, or will be coordinated through online file sharing.
Please submit a complete proposal (details above), 1-3 media samples, and quote for services to Larry Arias (contact information below). ACA is an equal opportunity employer.
Larry Arias, Chair, Literature Committee, ACA WSO email@example.com office, 646-483-3066 cell